Support SPP with Annual Dues
It’s time once again for Shepherd Park Plaza residents to pay annual Civic Club dues. For our new neighbors and those long-time residents who may need a reminder, your $25.00 dues payment helps create the outstanding neighborhood we all call home. The Shepherd Park Plaza Civic Club is comprised of residents who generously volunteer their time and talents to help preserve the quality of life we’ve come to enjoy. While our association is volunteer-run, it does take money to make some things happen.
What does your $25 help provide?
Your Civic Club dues fund a wide range of services:
- Deed Restriction Enforcement & Architectural Control – protecting our property values
- Constable Patrol Program* – coordinating the activities of the full-time Harris County Constable who patrols the neighborhood
- Safety & Security – attending regular meetings with Houston Police Department and other enforcement agencies regarding crime prevention and analysis; delivering “thank-you” refreshments to area police and fire units; supporting the SPP Citizens on Patrol program
- Beautification & Decoration – honoring yard displays for end-of -year holidays (Christmas & Hannukah), Easter, Autumn, and Halloween and recognizing residents with Yard of the Month awards
- Community Relations – communicating regularly with the City of Houston and other area civic clubs on matters of mutual concern such as roads, utilities, neighborhood crime prevention, trash collection, and parks
- Property Maintenance – maintaining signs and plantings at neighborhood entrances and regularly mowing drainage ditches to prevent flooding
- Resident Communication – distributing The Plaza Pulse, managing www.shepherdparkplaza.com, sending email alerts and other periodic notices, and compiling a resident directory
- Prevention & Preparedness – painting curbside address markers to facilitate emergency response and spraying to minimize mosquitoes
- Neighborhood Gatherings – organizing neighborhood meetings in the fall and spring and other events such as National Night Out block parties
These are just a few of the important reasons to pay your annual SPPCC dues. If you’ve not yet paid your dues, you can download an application here.*A separate dues drive is conducted annually for the SPPCC constable program. These dues are used solely to pay for constable services. SPPCC oversees and administers the program.