The Shepherd Park Plaza Garden Club has been promoting the love of
gardening, supporting neighborhood events and projects, and fostering friendship for
over 40 years.
Monthly meetings are held the 2nd Monday evening of each month, September through
May, beginning at 6:45 pm. The meetings typically include snacks and desserts, a program,
a business meeting, and socializing. Programs are varied and include guest speakers,
hands-on projects, and demonstrations. The club also coordinates occasional outings
to gardens or areas of interest, participates in various civic projects around the neighborhood, and hosts fundraising events. In December, in lieu of a meeting, members enjoy a festive annual Holiday Party.
Civic projects and fundraising events of the Garden Club include:
- Maintaining the Memorial Beds in Shepherd Park
- Gardening activities at Durham Elementary School
- Assisting in the care of the Garden Oaks/Shepherd Park Plaza Community
Garden on Alba
- Supporting the maintenance of Ann’s Labyrinth in Shepherd Park
- Hosting a biennial backyard garden tour of various neighborhood homes and points of interest where proceeds go towards local causes
- Hosting an annual plant sale fundraiser
Whether you are a master gardener, or just a beginner, we welcome all men and women in both Shepherd Park Plaza and Candlelight Plaza to join the SPP Garden Club. No green thumb required! Annual dues are $35.
Want to know more? Contact us!
If you would like to visit one of our meetings, please contact us or just drop in! We would be thrilled to have you join us! Please check the calendar and Garden Club’s monthly article in the Plaza Pulse and The Candlegram for upcoming meeting dates, locations, and planned events!